Monday, June 25, 2012

Assured® Knee Support




Short Description: Blue, one size fits all knee support.
Price: $1 + Tax
Store: Dollar Tree

Amount: 1 Blue Knee Support

---



Provided instructions (paraphrased):
Suitable for most sporting activities. Suitable for everyday. Can be used by both men and women. If you experience discomfort or have doubts about suitability of product consult your doctor.
Also, do not tumble dry, bleach, iron, or dry clean this thing. Only hand wash and air dry it. Additionally keep it away from direct sunlight (vampire?).

Opening up the box, I found the support folded inside of a plastic bag. The unit smelled of rubber.
It was pretty easy to pull onto my knee, it felt firm but not tight. Near my knee my thigh is about 18ish in. in girth. It seems like it could stretch to accommodate a thicker leg, but I would imagine it would start feeling much tighter.

Another thing to note is that this thing is fairly slim. As such it can't actually provide THAT much support, so if you need a lot of it, this isn't the one for you.

I'm going to take some notes of my use of it over a few days. I have a slight pain on the side of my left knee that's been bugging me since a balling incident weeks ago. Let's see if this thing helps.



AFTER A FEW DAYS
Support was pretty good. Kept the knee warm. Decent compression. The blue didn't match my outfit, but whatever. Actually, got a couple comments about how good quality it looked--before I told them that it was a dollar tree item.

Also played basketball with it on and the support was surprisingly decent. In a more casual game the support required only minor adjustment, but in a more serious one (lots of running) it had to be frequently adjusted.

If you need a bit of knee compression and warmth in a pinch, this item is WORTH IT.

Pros:
  • Keeps the knee warm
  • Decent compression
  • Slim, doesn't restrict movement that much

Cons:
  • One-size-fits-all means it might not fit everybody, and, even if it does, may not fit you particularly well.
  • It's blue, which could be a con for some, I guess.
  • Slim, unable to provide much support
  • Not good for heavy running

No comments:

Post a Comment