Wednesday, August 8, 2012

IKEA Potpourri

I'm moving back into my own room and it's smelling quite funky in here. My cat has urinated on the bed a few times (not uncommon) so this has been her messy cat room plus a guest room until now. I have come to claim this territory and too bad for her. A solution to the funky bed smell was that I put two sheets of laundry freshener onto the mattress before I laid down my fitted mattress cover. Then I decided it would be fun to put some potpourri in here.

This is two products in one review post since they complement each other so well.



Heres what I bought:

Potpourri
Price: $0.99
Where: IKEA
Type: DOFTA Rose scented, pink.

They have 3 different kinds, but rose is always good since I'm kind of obsessed with roses and flowers. Not too into the blueish purple/white.

Pros:
  • A good amount
  • Cheap
  • Fragrant

Cons:
  • Color rubs off, but no problem if you don't touch it
  • Not too strong of a fragrance



Container
Price: $1
Where: Dollar Tree
Type: Glass, Star shaped

Pros:
  • Cool shape
  • Cheap
  • Thick glass

Cons:
  • Doesn't hold that much

I'm a star girl. I chose the star shaped container over the heart shaped one. So, I guess I'm obsessed with stars also.


In the end, I had half of the bag of potpourri left. I think for $1.99 + tax... this is WORTH IT. It's cheap and makes my room smell a little bit better with some style.

No comments:

Post a Comment